Award-winning career as a singer-songwriter Michael Jackson King of Pop transformed the face of pop music and popular culture. He has published the best-selling album in history, Thriller in 1982. He died suddenly in 2009.
15. dubbed the "King of Pop", the singer-songwriter Michael Jackson in Gary, Indiana, August 29, 1958. 14. Favorite cartoon character was Pinocchio 13. Michael Jackson is the most awarded artist of all time. He has won more awards than any other music is alive or dead. It is 23 Guinness World Records, 40 Billboard Awards, received 13 Grammy Awards and 26 American Music Awards. 12. Seventh of nine children. 11. Before composer Rod Temperton came up with "Thriller" by Michael Jackson working title for the album was Starlight.
9. The Jacksons were very poor and live in a small house with only two rooms for eleven people.
8. Michael Jackson and Freddie Mercury would do an album together, but Freddie leave because his llama company called Jackson allowed to enter the studio with him.
7. As a child, as the singer of the Jackson family popular Motown group The Jackson 5 he played.
6. St. Vincent, an island in the Caribbean, once issued Michael Jackson stamps.
5. Billie Jean was the first music video by a black artist to air on MTV. Billie Jean was the second single from the sixth solo album from Michael Jackson's "Thriller".
4. His album "Thriller" is the biggest selling album worldwide of all time, with over 50 million copies.
3. He used to be very playful - put spiders in sister La Toyah bed!
2. Michael Jackson throw 80 members of Crips Bloods Los Angeles for the video for "Beat It" to promote, in the hope of peace between them.
1. The singer once owned a boa constrictor "Muscles".