Thursday, November 6, 2014
Facts about Carrie Underwood
20. Born on March 10, 1983, in Muskogee, Oklahoma, Carrie Underwood had put aside her singing dreams for a degree in broadcast journalism, but everything changed after she auditioned for American Idol during her senior year at Northeastern State University.
19. Her full name is Carrie Marie Underwood.
18. Her first three albums went multi-Platinum after she won American Idol in 2005.
17. Underwood, the youngest of schoolteacher Carole and paper-mill operator Stephen's three daughters, grew up in Checotah, Oklahoma, population 3,500.
Download Blown Away at Amazon.com
15. She has never taken professional vocal lessons.
14. When she was a child, Underwood participated in the Robbins Memorial Talent Show and sang with her church.
13. Approximately 30 million viewers tune in and more than 500 million votes are cast throughout the season with Underwood winning by a slight margin.
12. After winning ‘American Idol,’ Carrie returned to college to graduate. She received a major in Mass Communications with an emphasis in Broadcast Journalism. She also graduated magna cum laude.
Download Carnival Ride at Amazon.com
10. After winning the fourth season of American Idol, she tied with Reba McEntire for the title of Female Country Artist with the Most #1 Hits since 1991.
9. In 2007 and 2008 Carrie Underwood dated ‘Gossip Girl’ actor Chace Crawford, and they broke up via text.
7. Her all-time favorite movies include the ‘Halloween’ and ‘Nightmare on Elm Street.’
6. While on American Idol, she was never in the bottom three.
5. She married Mike Fisher on July 10, 2010.
4. In 2008, at age 26, Underwood became the youngest member of the Grand Ole Opry.
3. Carrie loves Care Bears and that is what her devoted fans call themselves, “Carrie’s Care Bears”.
1. If she didn’t have that amazing voice, she would want to be the drummer in a crazy rock band.
Download Play On at Amazon.com
Facts about Ariana Grande
Facts about Jennifer Lawrence
Facts about Blake Lively