|Photo via Crash Underride at English Wikipedia|
10. Footballs are made out of cowhide, not pigskin. It takes about 600 cows to make one complete season’s worth of NFL footballs.
9. Thee longest field goal in NFL history was kicked by a man who had only four fingers on his right hand and half a foot! A man by the name of Tom Dempsey, a 22-year-old kicker for the New Orleans Saints reached football glory when he made a 63-yard field goal.
|Photo via Torsten Bolten, AFpix.de|
7. Just two years after finishing their careers, around 78% of NFL players are bankrupt.
6. When former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner goes out for dinner with his family, he always secretly picks up the bill for one other table.
Check Out The "Wilson NFL Pro Replica Game Football (Official Size)" at Amazon.com
5. Charles Follis was the first black professional football player in 1904, before Jackie Robinson who was the first black baseball player in 1945.
|Photo via Keith Allison|
3. The Baltimore Ravens are named after Edgar Allan Poe's narravtive poem, "The Raven."
2. Only two players, so far, in NFL history to score a touchdown six different ways (interception return, punt return, kickoff return, receiving, rushing, and a fumble recovery). Those two being Bill Dudley and Deion Sanders.
1. NFL is actually considered a not-for-profit organization so they do not have to pay any taxes.
Check Out "Madden NFL 16 - PlayStation 4" at Amazon.com
Fact of the Day: 5