10. The time machine was actually going to be a refrigerator instead of the famous deLorean.
9. Worried that people would not like a film with the word 'future' in the name, Sid Sheinberg, a studio executive, tried to change Back to the Future to the title Spaceman From Pluto.
7. In early drafts of Back to the Future II, Marty journeys to 1967, which is where he is arrested for not having a draft card.
Check Out Back to the Future 30th Anniversary Trilogy at Amazon.com
5. There was never supposed to be a sequel to Back to the Future. "The flying car at the end was a joke, a great payoff," Zemeckis recollects, but nothing was to become of that.
4. Doc Brown's dog Einstein was going to be a chimpanzee in the movie.
3. Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) and Lorraine (Lea Thompson) only meet once in the whole franchise.
1. The Delorean was chosen as the time-travelling car essentially because the filmmakers thought that its wing doors could conceivably be confused for a UFO.
Check Out Back to the Future: The Complete Adventures - Limited Edition at Amazon.com