Athena is the goddess of courage, wisdom, mathematics, civilization, law and justice, inspiration, strength, the arts, war strategy, crafts, and skill in ancient Greek mythology. Thus, here are a few facts about this Greek goddess. I hope that you enjoy.
10. Athena was the goddess of War, the feminine equal to Ares. She was the goddess of wisdom as well.
9. Zeus bore Athena himself. She sprung from Zeus’s head, completely grown and attired in armor.
8. Athena was Zeus’s favorite offspring.
7. As stated in Homer’s Iliad, Athena was an unforgiving and ferocious warrior.
6. Athena was acknowledged for safeguarding enlightened living; Goddess of the City is what she was known as.
Check out Athena: The Origins and History of the Greek Goddess by Jesse Harasta at Amazon.
5. Athena was admired for her empathy and goodness.
4. Athena was a patron saint of the arts and craftsmanship, especially when it came to spinning, weaving, and knitting.
3. Athena later on personified intelligence and reasoned judgment.
2. Athena served as a protector of Athens and the Parthenon was her house of worship.
1. Zeus trusted Athena to wield the aegis, a goatskin shield, and his thunderbolt.
Check out The Athena Doctrine: How Women (and the Men Who Think Like Them) Will Rule the Future by John Gerzema and Michael D'Antonio at Amazon.
- More Content:
|Facts About Aphrodite|