Photograph by Marie-Lan Nguyen
10. Artemis, goddess of the Hunt, was the daughter of Leto and Zeus.
9. Artemis was the twin sister of Apollo, Greek God of the Sun.
8.Apollo was born a day after Artemis.
7. Artemis was the goddess of wildlife, a virgin huntress, and patroness saint of hunters.
6. The bear was a holy animal to Artemis.
Check out Artemis: The Indomitable Spirit in Everywoman by Jean Shinoda Bolen at Amazon.
5. The Greek goddess of the nunt guarded her purity vigilantly.
|Photograph by Carole Raddato|
3. Artemis was a vital goddess in the lives of women, generally when it came to young animals and matrimony.
2. Artemis mutated one of her nymphs into a bear and then killed her when the nymph was seduced by Zeus.
1. She was from time to time linked as the moon goddess.
Check out Artemis: Virgin Goddess of the Sun & Moon--A Comprehensive Guide to the Greek Goddess of the Hunt, Her Myths, Powers & Mysteries by Sorita D'Este at Amazon.
- More Content:
|Facts About Aphrodite|
|Facts About Ares|